Now accepting scholarship applications for 2018-2019!
The Wisconsin Dairyland HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) Chapter (http://widairyland.himsschapter.org/) is proud to announce the opportunity for you to earn a $2,000 scholarship. This annual scholarship is designed to support dedicated students as they pursue a degree in a Healthcare Information and Management Systems-related program.
In addition to the scholarship money, the award recipient will be given an invaluable opportunity to network and work with industry leaders through a free one-year student membership to the Wisconsin Dairyland HIMSS Chapter and a one-year seat on the Governing Board of the Wisconsin Dairyland HIMSS Chapter.
The following application requirements must be met to qualify for the award:
- Biographical information. Applications must include the applicant’s full name, institution presently attending, major of study related to health IT, expected graduation date, preferred email, and phone number.
- Evidence of Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher – please clearly indicate your current cumulative GPA, or the cumulative GPA from the previous institution or degree if you are starting a degree program in the fall of 2018.
- 500 word essay detailing your experience in healthcare thus far, why you are passionate about pursuing a career in the Healthcare IT field, what you are looking to do with your career in Healthcare IT, and why this scholarship opportunity would benefit you
- A stated commitment of volunteer involvement with Wisconsin Dairyland HIMSS Chapter events. Note: this is a commitment to future volunteer involvement of at least 15 hours between receipt of the award and June 30, 2019 if awarded the scholarship. Participation will be tailored to each individual applicants’ future goals with options including: Event coordination, Event volunteer, and leadership experience including Board of Directors participation.
- Evidence of 20-30 hours of verified volunteer experience in the past year (i.e., since June 2017)
- Proof of service in a volunteer leadership role: Examples include – Team Captain/Leadership Role in Athletics, Leadership Role within a Fraternity or Sorority, Leadership role in a University Club, Toast Masters, Rotary Club, Kiwanis, etc.
Please submit completed applications or questions to the Director of Students of Wisconsin Dairyland HIMSS Chapter, Dr. Roger Yin at: email@example.com The deadline for submitting an application is June 30, 2018. The award will be announced July 31, 2018.